These three bands are all pretty new to me including Micachu and the Shapes so I was pleasantly surprised to find myself attending the De La Warr's increasingly regular fantastic arts program, having only recently stopped being an employee. Distance it seems really does heal all wounds so an opportunity to bury the hatchet via some relatively new music. I'm looking forward to Micachu the most for the new direction they are meant to be taking - less pop so fewer choruses. That will either kill my interest or deepen it. Fingers crossed for the latter although you still have to admire the gumption of a composer who can state, of their own work 'I’m not totally behind that record'.
Speech Debelle does require a bit more research but her really soft surprisingly trembly voice does seem to elevate what seem to be fairly standard lyrics. She has style in her voice and you can't buy that kind of uniqueness. Looking forward to a surprise from her at this gig.
Probably the band I have the least invested in - lots of talk about these guys but I haven't quite clicked with their sound yet so I'm hoping that a stonking live performance can change my mind. The acoustics at the Pavilion might help them in this respect although if they produce at least one strangely joyous moment I'll be happy. Check all three of these bands out!
No comments:
Post a Comment