2 months spent working in a foreign capital is going to be a real eye opener and it means I can tick off my one big new years resolution - live in a foreign country in 2010! It's really not a long working holiday, honest. My one worry is lack of laptop love because in the land of the graphic suite the mac holding man is king, and all I have is a willing but ageing asus. I love that thing but it wasn't fit for purpose 5 years ago so I don't hold out high hopes for it now.
Talking about ageing hardware and we come to the fantastic news that all the major political parties can finally agree on high speed rail as the way forward for commuters and economic hubs in the country. The fact that almost the entirety of western Europe has embraced this trend a good 15-20 years before this story ever splashed onto the Indy's distinguished pages is one that cannot easily be overlooked however.
Back to the internship - having crippled myself financially with a deposit for accomodation I can now happily be poor for a while. Maybe that camera will have to wait.....
4 comments:
James that's rad!!! Berlin is awesome, German is easy to learn and writing for a travel guide is one of my dreams! Which guide is it?
You are going to have the best time. When will you be out there?
Yo Hev! It's a guide for american/canadian/kiwi/aussie students that is handed out on campuses in their home countries advertising the salubrious delights of Berlin. I'm excited but accommodation and lesson cost deposits have left me BROKE! I'm out in the land of currywurst from 2nd of July to 28th of august. I'm hoping it will lead to something something even more exciting but if not I'm sure it will be great fun! :D
Oh god that sounds so good! I was hoping you'd be there in November so could pop over and visit when I came home but alas no!
And I'm constantly broke, but I consider it a small sacrifice for experiencing some pretty awesome things. And anyway, poverty stimulates the creativity, so you'll write your Magnum Opus in Berlin! Yay!
I might still be there if I get an offer! That's like - dream street for me! If not - Oktoberfest? ^^
Being broke is like a cold shower - mightbe shocking but it certainly makes you wake the heck up!
I'm still looking forward to your first travel/reminiscence book! Publish!!!
Post a Comment