Wednesday, 21 April 2010

Friedrichshain

I realised the other day that I had done something rather silly. Actually, cross that out. Put stupid in instead.
I had managed to apply for a job, move to a foreign country and pay an £800 deposit before I had asked a very elemental question 'Er....where will I be staying?' Hmm. An oversight indeed. However undaunted by my own foolishness (my resolve is of a similar stature) I got straight on the blower to the lovely Jeremy of citytravelreview who, in a display of exactitude sometimes lacking in myself, gave me a colossal run down of what exactly my residency entailed. To be honest, its a pretty good deal! I have a roommate (unknown), a street (unknown) and an apparently large and spacious apartment (size unknown). Er.....maybe it wasn't about the SPECIFIC details but the gist was very impressive at least!

To cut it short I have a little more information about where I will be spending the next two months and it looks pretty exciting - this and the Germany and Berlin Lonely Planets that plopped through the letterbox a few days back have really started the clock ticking down. I will be staying in the district of Friedrichshain which is apparently the very artistic and very cutting edge part of town. It does however retain its working class roots and so is still not overgentrified and expensive so I think that I will fit right in. I have been there before to see the largest remaining section of the Berlin wall.

Is it weird that I am most excited by this?

Edit: Forgot a tune. Enjoy!

No comments: