Paid my dues with the final payment to CTR, with my wallet significantly lighter and my heart similarly buoyant. So what now? Well I think its time that the economic crisis really came home to Bloomfield town and I began to thrift the heck out of my paycheck. A second job and holding on to my mentoring at Sussex Coast College would be really useful! I'm hoping that my old chums at the De La Warr Pavilion can come up trumps with their various events - more importantly do they need stewards for said events?!
The nostalgia feast continues even as I look at more contemporary fare. What has been a pretty interesting musical period for me has been a little frustrated by the demise of the ever buggy itunes, a truly lamentable program that I cannot even uninstall, such is its tenacious grip. Talking of tenacious grips I can't get this one out of my head. Accusations of salacious beginnings seems a bit foolish; surely they just add lustre to the myth?
Having had a pretty eventful year considering I just stayed at home, I think the best thing that could happen to cap it all off would be to finish abroad, working hard on something that could take me in a wildly different direction than the way I thought I would go. I've worked 3 jobs at the same time, spent months volunteering with a fledgling charity and worked with difficult children and helped some of them succeed. That makes it sound very neat and cohesive when it really was all rather arbitrary, but what the heck, when I revise my lifes event's I can make it all part of a master plan. I've been to see friends, artists, concerts and wrestling. Debated election candidates with 14 year olds, been peed on by my nephew, been accepted into an internship and had 4 job interviews. It's been pretty hectic and maybe I need to start following the calendar year more slavishly but.....heck... a line has been drawn from summer to summer and as a post-bachelor pretender I can only hope to set all my timeframe's like this.
My goals before I go away?
- To be able to run for a substantial distance.
- To get more to grips with Photoshop and Graphic Design in publication.
- To have a bit more in my German language armoury before I head out.
- To somehow scrape some money for a laptop together.
I've started all 4 - but the proof is in the pudding and buying the ingredients does not a cake make.
Baking does.
Sunday, 9 May 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment